Hitman movie to star Paul Walker as Agent 47

by Ben Salter Featured 21 Comments 17 Votes 2752 Views 07/02/2013 Back to News

After a lucrative but disappointing adaptation in 2007, Hitman is getting a second run on the big screen.

The Fast and the Furious star Paul Walker will lose that pretty head of hair to become the barcoded genetically engineered assassin in Agent 47.

It will be directed by first-timer Aleksander Bach, and penned by A Good Day to Die Hard writer Skip Woods and Michael Finch.

Shooting will begin in Berlin later this year, after Walker finishes promoting Fast and Furious 6.

Source: Deadlne

By Ben Salter

Link to us http://movies.mmgn.com/News/hitman-movie-to-star-paul-walker-as-agen
Register or Login to vote for this article.
Alternatively, connect with Facebook or Twitter.
Facebook Connect Twitter Login

Hitman movie to star Paul Walker as Agent 47 Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I thought the actor in the first one was pretty good!
Really?...really?

Who thought this would be a good idea? [Facepalm]
why does hit man look like john locke
=D what a joke.
punk
+

needs to smile less :P
Competent actor in the right role (see Running Scared). Doubt he can pull this off, but it is certainly an interesting choice.

Either way though, highly doubt this will see cinemas. The first didn't make a lot of dough and this would make even less. Likely straight-to-dvd.
I prefer the guy out of the first one - Timothy Olyphant. He is a great actor and did a great job portraying Agent 47. It's just too bad is wasn't a better written movie.
This is the worst idea ever.

He's too pretty, not to mention waaaaay too fast and too furious.

Rich came and told me the news last night. This is how he worded it,

"Think of one of the worst choices for Hitman you possibly could!"

Says it all.
Someone please tell me why the voice actor isn't being used?

Milky said: Competent actor in the right role (see Running Scared). Doubt he can pull this off, but it is certainly an interesting choice.
Either way though, highly doubt this will see cinemas. The first didn't make a lot of dough and this would make even less. Likely straight-to-dvd.



It made 100 million!
Tano
+
Lacks Jason Strathman.
Jason Statham? =)

Beta said: Lacks Jason Strathman.



Google images says this is Jason Strathman

Beta said: Lacks Jason Strathman.



Everything lacks Jason Strathman
Tano
+
I'm so sorry...

Hitman movie to star Paul Walker as Agent 47

Ben said:It made 100 million!

Incorrect. It did technically make 100 million, but that includes the fees that cinemas take etc. etc.

Films get back about 40% (different regions have different %) of what they "make" in cinemas. So 100 million = 40 million for the studio.

Hitman cost 25 million to make, then add advertising costs upwards of 25 million. So it actually lost money in cinemas. On home-video it would have done ok, but those figures aren't easy to get.

Milky said:

Ben said:It made 100 million!

Incorrect. It did technically make 100 million, but that includes the fees that cinemas take etc. etc.
Films get back about 40% (different regions have different %) of what they "make" in cinemas. So 100 million = 40 million for the studio.
Hitman cost 25 million to make, then add advertising costs upwards of 25 million. So it actually lost money in cinemas. On home-video it would have done ok, but those figures aren't easy to get.



So it did make $100 million :P

Ben said:

Milky said:

Ben said:It made 100 million!

Incorrect. It did technically make 100 million, but that includes the fees that cinemas take etc. etc.
Films get back about 40% (different regions have different %) of what they "make" in cinemas. So 100 million = 40 million for the studio.
Hitman cost 25 million to make, then add advertising costs upwards of 25 million. So it actually lost money in cinemas. On home-video it would have done ok, but those figures aren't easy to get.


So it did make $100 million

Hitman movie to star Paul Walker as Agent 47

Wow was someone on LSD when they made this choice? Wtf?? [MOG]
I liked the first one

Yeah I said that

Beta said: I'm so sorry...



I'd watch that movie.

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Movies Content

Which July movie are you most excited for?

Which July movie are you most excited for?

27/06/2013 Polls 18 40
Piracy crackdown: Australia blocking torrent sites?

Piracy crackdown: Australia blocking torrent sites?

Gryllis 3 hours News 2 8
Australia

Australia's plans to crackdown on piracy leaked

Gryllis 4 hours Articles 7 6
PS4 update adds 3D Blu-ray support next week

PS4 update adds 3D Blu-ray support next week

Gryllis 4 days News 1 5
Uncharted film hits cinemas in June 2016

Uncharted film hits cinemas in June 2016

Gryllis 5 days News 5 33
UK pirates get warnings for illegal downloads in 2015

UK pirates get warnings for illegal downloads in 2015

Gryllis 6 days News 8 9
Guardians of the Galaxy game tie-in out now for mobile

Guardians of the Galaxy game tie-in out now for mobile

Gryllis 21/07 News 0 5
Friendly Fire Show 63: It is Thor Destiny

Friendly Fire Show 63: It is Thor Destiny

Podcast 21/07 Articles 0 18
Xbox Entertainment Studios is being shut down

Xbox Entertainment Studios is being shut down

Gryllis 18/07 News 6 7

Community Content

My proudest individual achievement

My proudest individual achievement

3 days ago Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

M@ndyz, Tano, maxiboy and other 2 users commented on Australian government's plans to crackdown on online piracy leaked

M@ndyz 1 hour ago
Username

zurczner, Tano commented on Piracy crackdown: Australia looks increasingly likely to block torrent sites

zurczner 2 hours ago
Username

Gryllis, maxiboy, stublu and other 2 users commented on Firefly Online: Should we be excited or prepare for disappointment?

Gryllis 3 hours ago
Username

Daniel369 is now Level 3!

Daniel369 3 hours ago
Username

Olly , stonecold commented on Here's why you need to upgrade your version of The Last Of Us

Olly 5 hours ago
Username

commented on Favourite 2014 game so far?

Flyverson 17 hours ago
Username

Flyverson is now Level 2!

Flyverson 17 hours ago
Username

stevenhear is now Level 4!

stevenhear 17 hours ago